Ask SoMEbody! Ask Amber Neal about Matchmaking, her television show and more

///Ask SoMEbody! Ask Amber Neal about Matchmaking, her television show and more
  • ElizabethPudwill
    Keymaster
    #12878 |

Amber, I have not dated in an embarrassingly long time. I would like to meet men as friends, and get to know them that way. Am I going about this in the wrong way? If I don’t drink or go to bars how can meet single guys in my age group and demographic but stay away from online dating? I am not a fan of bad dates! Help!

• Amber Neal
    #12879 |

Events are the very best way to meet someone new outside of Matchmaking. This way you meet people based around the types of things you like to do, and you are able to make friends with men and women and you engage all of your senses and people are more likely to be themselves as friends versus a 1st date. I had a friend that tried online dating and chatted with a guy working overseas military. They chatted for over a year. When they finally met, he was everything that she ever wanted except ONE MAJOR PROBLEM. He STUNK! Not in a “He didn’t shower” kind of way, but his pheromones just didn’t appeal to her. She wasted over a year getting to know someone, building hope and for what? Only to NOT like the way he smelled! Just an example. I think that events are great because you can learn your city as you try new places around town and there is a level of safety that you have that you don’t have from online dating. The worse thing you can do is waste your time right? At least, worse case scenario, even if every single event doesn’t yield a man you want to meet, you are at least letting the world know you exist by being where single people are because it’s not always the event itself that you meet the single men at, it’s sometimes the female friend you make that has a brother or awesome coworker. It’s all about who you know. I joke around and tell ladies all the time ” UPS DONT DELIVER” <3 I endorse http://www.eventsandadventures.com tell them I sent you <3

• Ana Khan
    #12880 |

Amber, what are your top 3: books, blogs, motivators, inspirations, and mentors

• Ana Khan
    #12881 |

Amber if you could go back in time, what advise would you give yourself at the age of 16?

• Amber Neal
      #12883 |

Ana,
      If I could go back in time and speak to my 16 year old self, I would say “Dont run from your calling”. I would say “Dont try to do it the “worlds way” that, life with GOD at the center makes it so much easier. Thinking that I had something to prove, not knowing my worth, put me in a lot of toxic relationships as I went through later years which is what the book “How My Kitty Betrayed Me” is about. It is a transparent look at exactly how your life can turn out when you dont depend on GOD for the answers and you try to fill voids with things that are fleeting, or bad for you. Turn to GOD, he has all the answers. I wish I would have known this back then, because I would have saved myself 25 years of drama. God is the only way.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  Amber Neal.
  • Amber Neal
    #12882 |

Hey Ana,

Check out my NEW BOOK: How My Kitty Betrayed Me! It will teach you how to get out of toxic relationships! Available by emailing me amber@ambernealpresents.com~ Another great book is “The Secret” and my favorite oldie, but goodie book is called: Men are from mars, women are from Venus by John Gray. It came out a while back, but still has some great lessons about interpersonal relationships with men and women. One of my mentors was Barb Morgen, she was my former Boss in the Dating Industry before I went to work for myself. She taught me “The Secret” and the Law of Attraction. My comedy Mentors All D. Freeeman and Touchee Jackson(RIP) gave me a chance and believed in me when no one else would. My biggest inspiration, like most Moms is to pass down generational blessings instead of curses. My biggest mentor, fan and inspiration of all times is my grandmother Zeffa Norene Phinny (RIP). She taught me that with GOD at the center of it all, we will always be victorious.

• ElizabethPudwill
    Keymaster
    #12885 |

Ok, so I have another question, Amber. There is a guy that I see often, he gives off energy like he is interested and the interaction has increased but it is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy sloowwwwwwwwwwwww. He smiles and says hello, how do I let him know I am interested? And how do I find out if he is single? Egads, I am uncomfortable even asking! Thanks.

• Amber Neal
      #12886 |

Hey Elizabeth,
      That is a great question. You said that you see him often, can you tell what kind of environment you are running into him because that will hold a lot of weight for my answer. Thanks !

• ElizabethPudwill
    Keymaster
    #12887 |

at work

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.